The Baillie Gifford Prize Winner Event
Today at 6pm (GMT) The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction will be streaming the winner announcement on YouTube and Facebook. Join in for a virtual celebration hosted by Sir Peter Bazalgette. The official winner announcement will be made by chair of judges Martha Kearney. Read more about this exciting event here: https://bit.ly/2JUyLYg
Click ‘going’ on the Facebook event here to stay up to date. The winner will receive £50,000 and each of the shortlisted authors will receive £1,000.
This year’s shortlist includes:
- One Two Three Four: The Beatles in Time by Craig Brown
- The Idea of the Brain: A History by Matthew Cobb
- Black Spartacus: The Epic Life of Toussaint Louverture by Sudhir Hazareesingh
- Our Bodies Their Battlefield: What War Does to Women by Christina Lamb
- Stranger in a Shogun’s City: A Woman’s Life in Ninteenth-Century Japan by Amy Stanley
- The Haunting on Alma Fielding: A True Ghost Story by Kate Summerscale
Find out more about the rest of the shortlist here.
Don’t forget to sign up for this festival event with the winning author:
This year the Hay Festival Digital Weekend from 26-29 November will feature an event with the 2020 Baillie Gifford Prize winner. To see the full programme and register for free click here.
The podcast series and awards ceremony is generously supported by the Blavatnik Family Foundation.